Arduino, DIY, Physical computing, Electronics …. FUUUNNNN
The Foundation and Intermediate workshops
DIY-Arduino is a 2-part program, the foundation and the intermediate program. Foundation covers essential hardware and software concepts to give a flavor and introduce students to the world of DIY. The program introduces the hardware concepts using, LED, serial monitor, 7-segment display, and the passive infra-red sensor.
The intermediate section offers two options:
- An in-depth exploration of DIY sensors through relevant projects using the ultrasonic sensor, ph-sensor, soil moisture sensor, and many more.
- Individual project for IB or MYP, or Science fair (Some individual projects may be beyond the scope of this program. Guidance will be provided prior to registration.
For whom is this course?
The program is designed for students in middle and high school who are desirous of low-cost design solutions to their ideas. Arduino is a good option for:
- IB Middle Years Program Project
- School Science Fair project
- Exploring DIY and Arduino
Why should I enroll in this Arduino course?
Arduino is an easy beginner’s course founded on the principle of Design Thinking. Requiring very little prior knowledge, Arduino is an inexpensive way of exploring electronics and creativity.
There are many, many projects available online, with an extensive community support, requiring hours of reading and explorations. Our program seamlessly and quickly covers all the fundamentals in computer science and electronics. Guided learning provides the support needed for a student to not only succeed, but on many occasions create unique award winning projects.
Putting together a good working solution also means breaking the problem into smaller problems considering multiple approaches to each challenge. Re-tinkering again and again to fit the parts-into a whole solution, leaves a student with strong benefits:
- Electricity and electronics understanding
- DIY designing concepts
- Logical thinking
- Design skills